Float/Sting Jade Necklace
“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.”
Tough & tender. Yin & yang.
True toughness isn’t determined by how often we sting. Rather, because we are assured in our toughness, we float bountifully and are selective with our stings.
This piece serves as a physical reminder to move through life with intention, to float freely and sting selectively, and to celebrate our personal harmony of opposites.
- Adjustable chain length from 14.5'' to 17''
- Slightly oversized lobster claw closure for fastening ease
- Features jade, glass, & stainless steel produced in partnership with craftswomen around the world; more on these materials below
- Designed & hand strung in NYC/SF
We think you should know where the things you put on your body come from, the same way you know where the things you put in your body do.
So, here’s how it breaks down:
- Glass: The lampwork glass components are handcrafted by women in Ukraine. Thin glass rods are melted, shaped, and layered to create these mini glass sculptures. Once the sculpted beads are fully formed, we give them a final fire in the kiln to maximize durability.
- Jade: The jade components are sourced and carved in China, at a matriarch-run studio, whose family has been carving jade for three generations and counting.
- Stainless Steel: Our stainless steel jewelry tags are laser etched by a women-owned workshop in the United States.; California, to be specific. Stainless steel does not rust or oxidize. It’s sweat/life-proof. This jewelry is made to live in.
** Note: Because our necklaces and their components are handmade, there may be slight variations between pieces. Quality and bead styles are guaranteed, but colors may differ. This also allows us to maximize raw material utilization and minimize production waste. Thanks for being global citizens with us. **